Selig News Provides Breaking, World, Business, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Video News,Gossip and a lot more...

Search Our Blog Below

Cristiano Ronaldo honored in Portugal as Madeira international airport is named after him

Madeira international airport: Portugal and Real Madrid superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has been honored once again in his country as the Madeira International Airport has been named after him.

A bust of Ronaldo was also mounted outside the terminal. It was unveiled in a ceremony attended by President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa. Speaking at the event, the player who led his Portugal team to Euro victory (their first international trophy) last year said:

“Thank you very much for being here, to see my name being given to this airport is something special.

Everybody knows that I am proud of my roots and of my hometown, in interviews I give, I always make a point of praising Portugal and Madeira in particular.

Tributes should be given while people are still alive as myself, so I would like to thank the regional government of Madeira for the courage and firmness to defend this idea”
The Portugal captain now has a statue, museum and hotel bearing his name in his birth place, Madeira.

Photo Credit: Instagram – @cristiano

CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways

ss=’ad-inserter ad-inserter-6 ai-viewport-2 ai-viewport-3′ style=’margin: 8px auto; text-align: center;’>

0thse

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive